Thank you for participating in our beta testing!
There are no right/wrong answers in user testing. Our goal is to determine if our UX + UI are communicating what is intended. Please be direct and honest about how you feel about the features. If something is confusing, tell us about it, so we can improve it!
Beta testing will take approximately 30 minutes, with up to 60 minutes for questions and follow-ups. Here’s what to expect:
- We will show you a design or ask you to navigate to a URL on your browser.
- Please stay on this page and not click around until you are asked to do so.
- We will ask you to describe what you see, and to explain the reasoning behind your answers. Please be as candid and descriptive as you can.
- After the initial rounds of questions, we will ask you to perform some tasks. Please try your best to do so.
- During testing, if anything is unclear and you are not sure what to do, we won’t be able to help you directly. Our goal in these tests is so make sure that users can perform the intended tasks on their own.
- When the test is completed, we will be able to answer any questions you may have, including the steps where it is unclear.
- Remember: user testing is not an IQ test. If you’re unable to complete the tasks, there’s something wrong with our interface and there’s nothing wrong with you! So let us know if you are stuck — it’s definitely not an evaluation of your ability. The best interface can be used by anyone.
We have created private channels to chat with all of you individually. Your private channels can be seen by you and our staff members only.
You will be asked to pick a time to participate in the user-testing. User-testing is one-on-one — you will be chatting directly with our staff (usually SML). We will send you a link (usually on Calendly) to select a time that’s most convenient to you.